Thursday, 15 August 2013

Lush group interview 2.0

Today I went for my second group interview at Lush. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I had a successful interview at Lush back in June and got the the trail shift stage. Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the trail shift and I didn't get the job.

But they are currently looking for Christmas temps as they get ridiculously busy that time of year.
I just wanted to make this post so maybe I can help some people who might have an interview at Lush!

Group interviews can be super scary and I was so nervous when I went to the first interview but honestly, all the people who are at the interview will be just at nervous as you. Also, the people who work there are really friendly and chatty and they know that you're going to be nervous, so they take it easy on you!

I just want to let you know that if you're in the process and doing what I did (scouring the internet for help and information about Lush interviews and trying to prepare), I need to tell you to be prepared for anything and don't go into an interview expecting what you read on the internet. 

The reason I say this is because the interview I had today was different to the interview I had in June.

You can read about my June interview here and I'll tell you about my interview today in this post. 

So the interview started at 9am, I only just made it in time due to wardrobe malfunctions, traffic and entrance difficulties. 

They opened the shutters a couple minutes after 9 and let us all in. 

Everyone sat down and one of the interviewers handed me a sticker roll and a pen and told us to write our names on a sticker and then pass them round. 

The interviewers introduced themselves and spoke about the job and the expectations. 

Then the interview started. The first thing we were told to do is pretend that we were a superhero with one or two powers and were then told to come up and grab some Fun and make our superhero. We were given 10 minutes and then we had to tell the whole group what our super power(s)  were and how they would be helpful.
I made mine have super strength but the whole group had really good ideas like controlling the weather and controlling time.

We were then told to think of our favourite celebrity and pretend that they were our best friend and go shopping round the store for them. Then we had to present what we bought for them and why to the whole group.

Then finally, we had to do a demo.
We either had to do a demo on a message bar or a body butter. They let us go chose what we wanted to demo and then we had to go up to one of the interviewers and demo on them.

Then the interview was over. 

Me and this guy were the first to do the demo so while everyone was still choosing what to demo, the assistant manager told me and Jay to grab our stuff and she took us to the side to have a little chat.

She told me she wanted to book me in for a trail shift, we arranged a time, and that was it!

So this interview was completely different to the other I had. But honestly, I kind of enjoyed it. Everyone in the group were super friendly and chatty and lovely and it made it a lot more relaxing and fun.

So, if you have an interview at Lush and that's why you're reading this, good luck! 
Don't worry about product knowledge, you don't need that at the interview or trail shift stage. Don't prepare one specific thing because it might not come up. Just be yourself, smile, be chatty and friendly and do your best!
---------------------------
Don't forget I'm looking for guest posters while I'm away on holiday!
All you'll have to do is write a normal blog post (beauty or fashion related) send it to me and I'll set it up on my blog to be published while I'm away! Email me if you're interested lovlies! - beth-bemerson@hotmail.co.uk

Follow me on


3 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster award. I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work :-)

    http://fashkiller.blogspot.co.uk/p/li.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post I really want to work for lush :O

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tks very much for your post.

    Avoid surprises — interviews need preparation. Some questions come up time and time again — usually about you, your experience and the job itself. We've gathered together the most common questions so you can get your preparation off to a flying start.

    You also find all interview questions at link at the end of this post.

    Source: Top 10 interview questions and answers

    Best rgs

    ReplyDelete