Thursday, 18 July 2013

Got to start saying yes

I've left school for a month now and have 7 weeks of summer left until I start college.

Before I left school, I said I wanted to make this the best summer ever. But, honestly, in this last month, it's been just the same as the years before.

Plans have been canceled, I've hardly gone anywhere or seen anyone and I've just spent most of this month alone, sat on my laptop.

And honestly, I can't blame anyone but myself. I didn't put myself out there in school to make friends or to go out. I'm really regretting it now. And it's all because I'm awkward and really self conscious and didn't have the confidence to speak to new people and go out with new people.

But I've been thinking, I can't stay like that. I'll end up nowhere if I do and I'll just make going to college 100% harder for myself. 

So, even thought this whole NCS 'say yes' thing that has been everywhere these past weeks has been annoying me, I've realised I need to take the advice. 

NCS reps came into my school to talk about the program and invite people to come, and I turned it down because I was too scared to go, for gods sake!

I need to say yes to more things and just get out there. I'm going to different classes than my friends in college which means I need to find ways to make friends, and I'm not going to do that if I can't talk to people.

I'm just rambling here but, I've come to the realisation that I've missed out on so much already in life because I've been too scared to go out and just say yes, and I'm only young.

So, if you're like me, I hope you take the advice as well, and try to say yes to more things. I know it's going to be scary, and even if you don't enjoy something you said yes to, at least you can say "yeah I tried that".

Good luck lovelies.
I hope you're all well.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, least you see you need to say 'yes' more as now you can change that! Hope all goes well!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubs sometimes you have to just close your eyes and take the plunge....I'm going to try and avoid rambling because I could write an essay here but just enjoy life, don't think too much, don't worry too much, and do what makes you happy....because you will most certainly regret it if you don't...don't worry about what you haven't done already, that's been and gone and you're still young, just make the most of the rest of your life because there are so many fun and beautiful things waiting for you out there :-)
    xxxxxxxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete