Monday, 3 June 2013

May favourites!


Oooooooh, my first monthly favourites post!

May has whizzed straight past! Leaving school, finishing off coursework and exam prepping, it's been quite busy. 

But nonetheless, here are the products I've been loving in May!

Skin care


L-R: Soap & Glory "The Righteous Butter", Soap & Glory "Breakfast Scrub", Re-Gen cream

Now, I'm usually always lazy when it comes to moisturising. Bad, I know! I just feel like it's a lot of faffing, I'd rather just get out of the shower, get dry and dressed. I can't be bothered with getting all creamy and sitting waiting for it to dry before I get dressed. But, I discovered this Righteous Butter in my draw from one of the Christmas gift boxes I got a couple of years ago. And I thought I'd give it a go as it's been stashed away for so long. And, I absolutely love it! You don't have to be dry before you put it on, which I love. With a lot of body butters, if you put them on when your skin is wet, they tend to just sit on your skin and take forever to sink in. But with this, you put it straight onto damp skin and it sinks in so well and it's just so quick and easy. The consistency is a really rich, luxurious cream which is lovely. And of course, it smells gorgeous!

At the moment, I'm using some prescription cream for mild acne and it's making my skin quite dry and a bit flaky (lovely). So, I've been using the Breakfast Scrub from Soap & Glory quite a lot this month. This can be quite rough but I like that. I feel like it's doing a really good job, haha! And it's nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix! :)

That brings me onto the next product. Re-Gen cream. I got this originally to try and fade the little blemish scars on my chin as I'd heard it does great stuff. However,  I didn't notice it making any difference so I'm trying bio-oil instead! But it is a really good moisturiser. It does make your face greasy so I only use this at night or when I'm not going anywhere. But the day after I've used this, my face feels super soft.

Beauty


Clockwise: DKNY Be Delicious perfume, Jillian Dempsey for Avon eye shadow trio in Ice Shimmer, Lancome Bi-facil make up remover, Carmex Cherry

I haven't been loving many make-up products a great deal this month, so I just decided a couple of my go-to products.

I found the DKNY perfume while I was cleaning out my room and I really like it! I've been using it quite a bit this month, it's a lot different from what I usually wear but whenever I've worn it I've gotten told that I smell nice, hahaha so that's always a good sign for a perfume!

The next is my go to eye shadow. I got this from Avon a while ago and it's just a neutral shimmery brown which goes with everything and anything!

Next is a sample of Lancomes bi-facil make up remover. I try to use this sparingly as the full size is quite pricey, like everything in Lancome! It removes eye make up effortlessly, even waterproof mascara. The only thing I can complain about it that I feel it's a bit greasy and can wipe make up across your face instead of removing it! Don't know if I would pay the full price for it, but I do use it a lot.

The last thing is Carmex Cherry. My lips have been quite dry a lately and nightly helpings of vaseline just didn't seem to be doing the trick! So I picked up this and it's great! After a couple of days of using it, my lips are soft and supple! This smell like those cherry drop sweets as well, I love it! And has SPF in it, can't go wrong!

Other bits



I've been too busy to read a lately, what with school and such and I've had this book on the go for quite a while! But I'm about 100 pages from the end and I'm determined to finish it this month, after all my exams are out of the way!
Jace is my fave!


I love this show. I'm obsessed with it and I've watched all the episodes of it online. Technically, this was a April favourite, as that was when I watched them all but, shhh.



Music wise, I've been loving Imagine Dragons for the past couple of months! Especially their new(ish) album,  Night Visions.

Also, as I mentioned in my update, I went to see Pierce the Veil live so, being super excited for it, I couldn't stop listening to them either!


So, they're what I've been loving this past month! What about you guys?

Hope you're all well!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the breakfast scrub! :) xx

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favorites lovely! The Soap & Glory scrub is amazing, I LOVE it! <3 I am yet to try the oh-so-famous Carmex but I feel like I need to get my hands on it soon haha, it sounds fab! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :)
      you definitely should! does a great job and it's so cheap!xx

      Delete
  3. Great favourites! I personally love the Breakfast Scrub also! x

    Tanya | Cat at Heart

    ReplyDelete