Sunday, 26 May 2013

Dusk til Dawn | MUA palette




Now, if you're anything like me, you won't be very adventurous when it comes to eye shadow. I very rarely wear eye shadow and if I do, it's usually just a quick sweep of black or a neutral barely there brown. The main reason for this is because I can never apply eye shadow even! Even eyeliner is such a task for me as it seems I am just incapable of any kind of symmetrical-itty!

If I ever play around with my eye makeup and try and go for a bold or colourful look, I just look silly because my eyes never look the same! It got to the point where I just strayed away from eye shadow all together and just mainly focused on my lips (one of the reasons I bought my 'a little bit too much' Cyber from MAC). 

However, after receiving the MUA Dusk til Dawn eye shadow palette as a part of a big makeup gift from my sister at Christmas, I decided it was an opportunity to play around and give my eye makeup skills (more like lack of them) another chance. 



The palette comes with 12 very versatile colours. You can create a lot of different looks with this palette from an everyday shimmer to a bold smokey eye.

The palette doesn't have names or shade numbers of the shadows so I've just numbered them for reference purposes :)

1 is pretty much just a white shimmer. It's great for highlighting as it just a quite subtle sheen.
2 is quite a musky shimmery grey. I think that these types of colours are great for a smokey eye.
3 is a lovely neutral warm peachy colour which is a great one for a day time look. 
4 again is great for highlighting. However, unlike 1, this has quite a white colour pigment in it, whereas 1 is pretty much a clear, soft shimmer.
5, a grey with purple undertones. It has a little bit of glitter in it.
6 is a really pretty glitter rose gold colour which I love.
7 is a very glittery bronzey brown. Lovely to add a bit of glitter to an everyday look or easy to work into a dramatic night time look.
8, a toned down light grey with a bit of glitter.
9 the most colourful in the palette! A really pretty turquoise with a little shimmer.
10 is a beautiful dark teal colour. It doesn't really show on this swatch, but this has quite a lot of glitter pigment.
11 is a musky dark purple, again with some glitter.
And last but not least, 12 which is a dark grey/soft black with a lot of glitter!

As you can see, there are a lot of different things you can create with this palette. If you're really creative with your eye makeup, or if you're like me and you want to try and get into the swing of all things eye shadowy, I definitely recommend this! Especially if you're on a budget!

Retailing at £4 in Superdrug, these palettes are nothing to grumble at!

Each shadow has great pigment, and when used with a primer and/or setting spray (or just hairspray), they last quite a while!


There are also other MUA palettes which have more crazy colourful shades and palettes which just stick to the basic neutrals.

And I may just have to pick them up to do some more experimenting.


1 comment: